Benefits and Selection Criteria-
- Unique one-way mirror effect adds privacy without blocking view
- Offers significant energy savings by rejecting up to 82% of solar energy
- Shields >99% of UV radiation, helping to reduce fading of valuables, fabrics and furnishings
- Durable scratch-resistant coating for easy cleaning
- Used where very low inside and high outside reflectance are needed for one-way mirror effect, along with providing extreme heat and glare reduction
Lesson from our New York City Estimator Sean:
Customer Request – A window that you can see through during the day, but can give you privacy at night, even with the lights on.
“Unfortunately, there is no passive film (by passive I mean one that works by just being there) that is transparent during the day and at the same time blocks the view from the outside at night when you have the light on inside.
All glass in windows reflect a certain amount of light, the percentage depends on the specification. Usually, the higher the efficiency of the window, the more light it reflects. During a very bright day, a passerby would probably not be able to see through a high efficiency window into your home, this is because the amount of light being reflected, is greater than the amount of light coming out of your house.
The same principle applies at night when you are inside your home. If you try to look through your window at night in a brightly lit room, you would probably see your own reflection, because amount of light being reflected is greater than the amount of light coming from the outside, furthermore, since a window only reflects a percentage of visible light, the light that is not being reflected is going through the window and into the dark street, this of course would enable any passerby to see through your window.
Keep in mind that the Llumar RN-O7G (one – way mirror) Window film is a dark film that blocks out 93% of the light that comes inside.”