What is Window Film?
Window Film is a micro thin composed of polyester and metal coatings bonded by adhesives. It is installed onto the internal surface of the glass to provide significant solar protection. It screens out the heat, blocks out 99% of the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays and deflects harsh, uncomfortable glare while allowing glare-controlled sunlight to pass through.
- Adopts to the changes in the seasons, reflecting the hot sun in the summer, and with Low E film to re-radiate heat in the winter, you can be comfortable all year long.
- Window Film helps preserve fabrics, furniture, works of art, wood floors and rugs by filtering out of the harmful UV rays and other characteristics of the sun that contributes to fading, so only the best light of the sun shines through.
Benefits of Window Film:
99% UV Protection – Reduces Heat & Glare – Save on Energy Costs
The clear answer for your home & business.
Today’s building utilize more glass than ever before. The trend toward open floor plans, high ceilings and extensive use of glass has become the preferred standard. But glass window are notorious energy wasters, making building owners and managers increasingly concerned about excessive glare, heat build-up and higher energy costs.
- Provides comfort, reduces glare, saves energy & protects furnishings.
- It helps correct temperature imbalances between sunny and shady areas and it deflects harsh, uncomfortable glare reducing eye strain that is common while doing paperwork or viewing computer screens.
- Employees are more comfortable and more productive!
What causes fading?
What can the sun’s energy do on glass?
We have many types of film which will control these three aspects of solar energy in differing amounts. A safe film applications will reduce fading from 40% to 75%, reduce heat buildup from 30% to 75%, and reduce glare from 35% to 75%. The end results of this is lower energy cost, more comfortable rooms with less glare and fading.