Window Films absorb 99.9% of UV “A” & UV “B” radiation, from 320nm to 380nm, when installed on your glass. For people who are concerned about the effects of UV Rays on their family’s skin, LLumar® films can be of great benefit.
The UVShield™ technology is a part of All LLumar films and is recommended as a device for UV protection of the skin by The Skin Cancer Foundation, The Melanoma Foundation, The Billy Foundation & The XP Society. Further, our manufacturer suppliers, CP Films, and 3M Window Film are two of ONLY three US Companies recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation. www.skincancer.org
So, now there is another reason to let New York Window Film give you a FREE Estimate to help solve your UV, Fade, Heat and Glare problems. Please do not hesitate to call for your Free Estimate.
Call : 631-420-4101
Effects of UV Radiation on Skin & Eyes
- “Skin Cancer is the fastest growing cancer in the world.”
-The Skin Cancer Foundation
- “One in five Americans will develop skin cancer within their lifetime.”
-Us Dept. of Health and Human Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- “Chronic exposure to ultraviolet radiation has been linked to the development of cataracts and age related macular degeneration. And just because you’re indoors does not mean you’re fully protected. Ultraviolet light is still transmitted through glass.”
–Dr. Douglas F. Liva, Ophthalmologist, American Academy of Opthalmology
- “Excessive, prolonged UV exposure may be linked to the development of eye conditions such as cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.”
-American Academy of Ophthalmology
- “Statistics show that American drivers develop skin cancer more frequently on their left side while Australian drivers suffer from cancers of the skin on their right side. “
-Dr. Albert Kligman, M.D, Ph.D, Dermatologist