Brain Teaser / Rebus:
Rebus Example: “AID” AID AID = “First Aid”
1 – What does this REBUS mean?
2 – Can you decipher REBUS below?
Answer Below (Please scroll down to bottom of the page)
1. Can window film make glass become a one-way mirror? It is possible, under certain conditions, to make regular glass appear though it is a one way mirror. With the application of reflective film, in-conjunction with proper light levels, glass can be seen through from one direction and give the appearance of a mirror, from the other direction.
2. How long will it last? The effective life of window tint will vary by type of film, type of glass, window construction, compass orientation of glass, and in which part of the world. There are documented cases of film lasting 12-18 years or more in some instances. Vista is a quality window film for residential and commercial use and is warranted by CP Films for a minimum of 10 years, and in residential settings, for the lifetime of that glass.
3. Can I wash it? New window film, glass coating has about a 30 day curing time, in which it is recommended NOT to wash it. After that curing period, you may clean your filmed glass the way you wash unfilmed glass. You can use Windex, GlassPlus or any ammonia based product. You must use a SOFT cloth or paper towel, or a rubber squeegee. You CAN NOT use any abrasive or razor blades.
4. Is it like car tint? There are many different kinds of window film, each with a specific purpose. The darkness that you see on a car tinting is due to the kind of tint that automobiles must use. With the many selection of film that we offer, you will almost definitely find the one that will fit even the most discriminating taste.
5. Can it come off? Vista and Llumar are designed and manufactured to specifications that guarantee that they will not peel off from your glass. However, it can be removed with large razor blades and a fair amount of elbow grease; and it will leave your glass unblemished after its proper removal.
6. How is it applied? The process in which our films are applied by factory certified installers is:
- The glass is scraped very clean (internal surface only).
- The film is applied with water and a small amount of baby shampoo.
- The film is cut to the width and height of the glass.
- The excess water is squeezed from under the film.
- Area is left as if nobody was there.
7. Will window tint destroy my plants? In most cases, if a house plant is already receiving adequate light, the use of window film will not harm it. New growth may go through an acclamation period while it adjusts to the light change. If a particular plant normally wilts by the end of a sunny day, it will actually thrive better with the film installed.
8. Is it shiny or mirror-like? Unless someone requests a highly reflective film, most films that we install for residential and small commercial applications are designed with very low reflectivity. Even clear, unfilmed glass has a certain amount of reflectivity and window film reacts the same way. However, there are some applications that demand a reflective film in order to not damage that glass.
9. Do we put window film on Skylights? We do many skylights. We apply one of our heat reducing films on flat glass skylights. Window film, however, can not be applied directly domed skylights. (aka domes, bubble skylights & plexiglass
10. What does it do in the winter? Any window film will act as another insulating factor to keep the heat in and the cold out. Some films are more efficient than others at this. But you would see more energy savings by reducing heat in the summer (air-conditioning savings) than heat retention in the winter (heating cost).
11. Will window film break my glass? If the incorrect film is applied to a particular glass situation, there is a potential for the glass to crack because of thermal stress. However, our estimators are trained to be aware of these situations. And for further confidence in our product, there is a factory warranty that covers glass breakage for three years.
12. Will window film STOP my furnishings from fading? Nothing will completely stop the fading of your furnishings because fading factors such as humidity, other visible light, color fastness of fabrics, and other factors also contribute to fading. But you can reduce fading anywhere from 40% to 75% depending on the film you choose and still have a beautiful view out of that glass.
Answer to Rebus #1 –
Answer to Rebus #2 –
Too funny for words.